pondělí 5. října 2015

Long distance relationship advice


When I was in high school I was convinced I'll remain single until I die or at least until I finish school. The boys around me were either stupid dicks or nice but completely unattractive beings.
Then I traveled to England to learn English for a month and fell in love with a boy from Spain.
Long story short, we dated for a year and a half. 

Long distance relationship can work. It can also work out really well. But it has to meet some requirements... 

  • You need to love each other a lot. Sure it goes without saying in every relationship but it's crucial for long distance ones.
  • Effort to stay together must be there at all times and both of the couple should have it. If only one works hard to work it out, it all goes south.
  • Also effort to meet must be on both sides. It requires a lot of money, time and planning. If one of the couple can't be bothered, it complicates things. 
  • Do not be childish and give your other life reasons to get jealous. Some people do that to see if their partner still loves and cares. In long distance relationship the proof of love and care is the relationship itself. The spark of jealousy can ruin it because it all depends on mutual trust.
  • Communicate. 
  • Do not agree with something that might make you unhappy. Open relationship or polygamy is good as long as you both agree on that.
  • You don't mind being alone. When you get home, nobody will be there. You have to rely on your friends a lot. And you're alone a lot. When I dated this Spanish guy, I didn't mind. I missed him a lot but I was living with my parents, had a best friend and smartphone so I was okay. I don't think I could do it now - I don't live with my parents anymore plus I've learned how great it is to be with someone all the time.
  • You believe it can work out. If you don't see a future together, don't bother with it. All the goodbyes hurt, missing your partner hurts and you do those things a lot. If you don't have any hope of staying together, be sure you'll get tired of this painful circle really soon.

And what about you? Do you have any experience in this field?

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat