pondělí 2. listopadu 2015

What I've learned in 10 years of blogging


As I said previously, I've been blogging for 10 years. Mostly in Czech and on different blogs. I've learned many things through all these years and now, I'm going to share them with you.

  • It's a bad idea to move your blog all the time
    When I was a teenager I was searching for the best blog name that would fit my complicated soul. Never happend, obviously. My personal blog beinblack.blogpost.cz where I post in Czech is the address where I've blogged the longest.
  • Posting regularly helps
    The most common advice for blogger is to post regularly and quite often. Sure, posting once a month is regular but also pointless. Noone will read your blog, noone will subscribe cause your blog looks abandoned and neglected. Personally, I think posting twice a week is perfect. Of course, posting even more often is great but I wouldn't recommend posting daily because it unfortunately usually means some blog posts are a mess and not as good as they could be. Plus, it can be annoying.
  • I never went with the flow
    That is probably the main reason why my blogs are never popular. Here in Czech republic we had a huge boom of fashion blogs, after that beauty ones and after that recipe ones and so on. To be honest, I see it as a huge plus because I wouldn't enjoy about those things. But then again, sometimes it's tough to see ugly blogs with horribly made posts that have no information value that have considerably more readers than I do.
  • I learned Photoshop
    I'm no master in it but it's been a huge contribution to my life. Now I use it every single day and I can't stress enough how useful it's been.
  • I learned some CSS and HTML basics
    I don't need it daily and I really do not need it to do my job. But if it wasn't for blogging, I would never feel the frustration and tremendous joy that coding has.
  • Digital marketing, SEO and stuff
    I've read so many articles, posts and websites about the matter. I tought it would help my blogging a bit but at the end I got a job because of it and I use it every day. Great, huh? 

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat